Very often, we start things with the purpose of gaining money or fame or something else for ourselves. But what we don’t realize is the real purpose is to help someone else. We may not know the person when we start or we may meet him or her while we are going along the way. And it’s always several people – it’s never just one person.
One of the tenets of personal growth is to get your mind off of you. You are not the center of the universe. Believe it or not, where ever you are in life, you didn’t get there by yourself; many people (parents, teachers, friends, business associates, etc) imparted something into your life, either good or bad, that helped you arrive at the point where you are now in life. For you to grow into a better person, you must turn around and impart something into someone else’s life.
With this in mind, I have a Blogroll link at the bottom of the right column listing several blogs on personal development that I read. I know several of the blog writers. Each of the writers are extraordinary with their own brand of message and each are imparting something into my life. You may have missed the link so I thought I would take a moment and bring them up here to your attention:
1. Anointed Women In Christ Blog – a blog by different Christian women to help people know and understand their value in Jesus Christ.
2. Arnold L. Harvey 2nd – a blog by a young man and author who has overcome many adversities in life and is helping others to do the same.
3. Darren Hardy, Publisher SUCCESS magazine – a blog by a successful businessman and author to help others achieve success. You can be coached by someone you don’t personally know!
4. Get Your Joy In The Morning! – a devotional blog by a Christian woman and author encouraging and inspiring people to actively seek the joy of the Lord.
5. John C. Maxwell Leadership – a blog by world-renowned author and speaker helping people to effectively lead, encourage and teach others.
6. Positivity4Ever – a blog by retired officer and author to share positive and educational information on employment, charity, travel, shopping and the military.
Click a link or two! Read a post or two! Subscribe! You won’t regret it.
Question for Comment: Who are the people who have imparted something into your life? How are you going to impart something good into the lives of others?
1 thought on “You Are Not The Center Of The Universe”